Chic Spotlight: DIY Kits from Star Glaze
Cincy Chic: What is Star Glazers?
Ann Flynn, Founder of Star Glazers: Star Glazers
is a mobile paint-your-own-pottery service. We can turn any space into a PYOP studio. We do the setup, help you accomplish your masterpiece, then clean up and take everything back to our workshop! All you need is tables and chairs. Once the pieces are glazed and fired, we bring them back to you for distribution.
Cincy Chic: Who’s behind it?
Flynn: I am Ann Flynn, owner of Star Glazers. With a passion for encouraging creativity, I have helped thousands of people of all abilities create pottery masterpieces over 18 years in business.
Cincy Chic: Can you share more information on the DIY kits you’re offering? How can they be ordered? What inspired you to offer these kits?
Flynn: Need a cure for cabin fever? A Star Glazers DIY pottery painting kit is just the thing! The pieces still get glazed and fired! Remember Mother’s Day is coming!
• We coordinate a time I can place the kit on your porch. I can walk you through it in-person (from 6 ft) or on the phone.
• It includes pieces in your specified price range, the most popular colors, brushes, water bowls, etc.
• You just paint and pay for the pieces you want and return the rest. Pieces start at $9. You set the upper limit.
• Minimum 8 pieces painted.
• I bring about a dozen or more of what I have in stock at the time in your price range. It’s always a nice variety. It’s like shopping when you go into one of the studios.
• I pick everything up a day or 2 after to process.
• Once the pieces are glazed and fired, I return them to you.
Cincy Chic: Where can readers go to learn more, follow along, and order a kit?